Monday, September 12, 2011

How did Religion Come into the World?

 The question I will attempt to answer is how religion came into play. A discussion in class today about how history, brought up the question of how religion started and triggered an idea for a blog post. Epoch one was the Epoch of origins, the Epoch of firsts. Religion was one of the things that started in the first Epoch. If you think about it, religion and god is a pretty strange thing for someone to think of. I mean how would anyone even think of something like that. I guess it all comes down to what you personally believe. I don't know enough about all the different religions to say that I am religious or that I follow a certain religion. I guess I would call myself questioned or agnostic. It is hard for me to even think that there is a greater being up there that is always watching. But then, I have been brought up Christian so it is hard to believe that there isn't some sort of greater being. It is hard for me to explain but sometimes I believe it but when I actually think about it, I find it hard to believe. So if, there is no actual god but some people still believe, how could they even come up with that idea? Maybe they just need something in their life to give them hope and so they made up the idea of a god. When I think about it, there must have been something that made these people think that there is some sort of god. But what if that isn't what it is at all? What it is something completely different altogether? And what about heaven? I don't know how anyone could come up with an idea like that? If, like they say, heaven comes after death, how would they know if they have never died before? There is now way of anyone knowing if there is such thing as heaven if you are still alive. My conclusion for this topic for now is that people just wanted something to believe in. They needed that reassurance with god there to watch them because with no god, they would have no protection and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment