Friday, September 9, 2011

History and the Past

I think that the difference between history and the past is not an easy question to answer.
The past is everything that has happened prior to this very moment. The past could be a year ago or the past could be .5 seconds ago. Everything, wether its important or not. History, to me, is everything that has previously happened that has somehow made an impact in the world. The impact could be as small as me, buying a purse at Bloomies, or as big as a Crusade. History can make an impact on many people or even just on person. One could say that the past is history, that everything that they have done has made some sort of impact, but someone else could say that they have done many things that have made zero impact whatsoever. I can't say that I believe one thing or the other, because I could do things that have no effect on me but later on could have a huge effect on someone else. I guess I could say that not everything that has happened in my past is part of MY history but everything that is done, is somehow part of both history and the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment