Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bill of Right: Agree or Disagree

So, after reading the article by Hamilton about how the Bill fo Rights is unnecessary, I would have to say that I agree and disagree at the same time. Some of his points make sense to me and I agree with them but other points I disagree with. But I will also say that I am not completely positive that I have processed this document correctly because some parts were kind of hard for me to understand so I apologize if my facts are incorrect. 

So, what I agree with is that having a bill of rights can be dangerous. I think that it can be dangerous because people can interpret the rights incorrectly and in a way that was not intended. Then when they are confronted about it (what ever it is that they felt they were entitled to do), they can say that it is in the bill of rights and that is something people would be scared to argue. 

But I disagree with the general argument. I definitely think that we need a bill of rights. The founding fathers originally wanted no bill of rights because that goes along with "its a free country yay" but everyone else wanted the bill or rights so they know specifically what they are entitled to. I don't think it is too much to ask to be told what your rights are. It just makes it clearer for everyone. If someone tells someone they can't do something when it is stated in the bill of rights that they can, they have proof and a defense. I think it is fair and I say why not to the bill or rights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment